This role is remote and location agnostic. Full time or paid via grant.
This role is suitable for a Venture Analyst or Investment Manager with an unrelenting & uncompromising passion Web3 technology. As well as having the chutzpah to scale a Grants Programme with strong support from a stellar team.
Without investing in marketing, Flare has amassed a fervent community of over 250k followers and is now focusing on doing everything it takes to attract the best entrepreneurial developer talent.
As Grants Manager you will oversee the management and application process for the Flare Ecosystem Support Program, ensuring optimal grant distribution and keeping track of portfolio milestones. Alongside appraising grant applications, you will manage relationships with grant recipients, network participants and partners.
- Well versed in management of deal-flow.
- Innate ability to spot strong founding teams and evangelise the benefits of building on Flare.
- You are able to appraise different business models across different verticals. Macro understanding & some knowledge of the potential + pitfalls of the technology is more important than financial analysis.
- Programme manager who is amazing at orchestrating the right actions and the right time.
- The ability to build meaningful relationships with grant recipients with the emphasis on regular contact, problem solving and funding management
- At least 3 years’ experience in venture capital or grant application management or corporate development and/or project management.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – good English speaker
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
How to be a stand-out candidate:
- Passionate about web3 funding mechanics / business models / DAOs.
- In-depth knowledge of how Web3 ventures grow, and their idiosyncratic characteristics compared to non-Web3 start-ups.
- Be great with Founders.
- Understanding of how to manage crypto treasury.
- Previous experience managing L1 protocol Grant Programs.
- Be well connected already within the blockchain ecosystem and know where to find the best founders.
- We ask that you overlap some working hours with GMT. English is essential, other languages are a bonus.
Please get in touch asap if you are interested in discussing this role: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tech docs (only 5% complete so is WIP)
Discord – over 36k members (almost doubled in the last couple of weeks)
Twitter – 215,000 followers
Songbird Explorer – over 370k wallets
Flare Explorer – network is in observation mode until September (millions of unique wallets expected after the token distribution event)
Why consider Flare Network?
Backed by the best-investors within Web3 and experiencing hyper-growth (45k+ native wallet installs and over 340 validators / data providers applied to be whitelisted within weeks of launching the canary network Songbird.
September 17th 2021, Flare Network launched the canary network Songbird, followed by genesis of Flare main network on July 14th 2022.
Flare has launched the first consensus protocol for external data, the State Connector. Decentralized applications on Flare can therefore trustlessly acquire and use information from other blockchains and real world data sources, solving the oracle problem and opening the door to a new era of utility:
Flare’s Fast, decentralized and fully-insured LayerCake bridges will connect smart contract chains multilaterally, unifying rather than fragmenting liquidity.
Non-smart contract assets such as BTC, XRP and DOGE can be brought on to Flare as FAssets, and put to work earning yield in DeFi.
Full cross-chain composability enables decentralized applications to use the value, liquidity and information of multiple blockchains via a single deployment on Flare.
Seamless decentralized integration with Web2 data powers trustless use of real world data sources in Web3 dapps.
Built for universal connectivity – Flare solves many of the interoperability issues facing blockchain today, enabling assets and information to flow freely and safely between blockchains and from Web2 to Web3.
Solving for price – Many supposed decentralized systems still rely on centralized price feeds from a single source. The Flare Time Series Oracle leverages the distributed structure of the network to provide reliable, decentralized price data to dapps on Flare.
True trustless interoperability – Both the State Connector and Flare Time Series Oracle have been designed with decentralization at their core, incentivizing independent third parties, separate to Flare, to support the network with the reliable provision of data.
Scalable multilateral bridges – Flare requires just 101 smart contracts to connect 100 different blockchains, instead of needing 4,950 individual bridges.
Bridges that unify, rather than fragment liquidity – No matter the origin chain, the destination token is the same, so ETH bridged to Solana will always give you Solana-ETH, whether it was bridged from Harmony, Near, or any other chain.
Fast, low fee and low carbon – Flare’s next generation technology brings fast, secure and efficient transactions with very low gas fees and a small carbon footprint.
Expert development team – Featuring experts from the worlds of electronic engineering, distributed systems, quantum computing, mathematics, computer science, quantitative finance, risk management and marketing.